Subject: Re: LW 4.X or 5.0?
From: "Nir A. Hermoni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 16:26:17 -0800

All :)

Ted Stethem wrote:
> 
>   Recently, some people have made some vague references to either LW 4.X...

I'm looking forward to hearing any hint about new features too. We are looking around 
to enhance our 3D arsenal in Zapa. We look at SoftImage for NT, Alias, and more. From 
some 'specs' I've seen for 3DS MAX it looks very powerfull. I know, it would come out 
in 4-5 months and priced at around $5-6K, but LW should fight back. NURBS modelling 
AND rendering, improved textures (handling and overall (Where is Essence?!)), shaded 
views, metaballs... A lot can be added.

I also heard it is in the process of being ported to the Mac OS. It should take the 
mac world by storm, considering their current offerings. 

-- 
Nir A. Hermoni, Israel. Lead 3D animator for Zapa Digital Arts Ltd.
                                                                   [email-masked]
             Visit our web site at http://www.zapa.co.il